Wednesday, April 28, 2010

el FIN...Safety first my fellow english majors

It seems so fitting, as Bri and I sit here thinking about our final capstone blog to look to music in order to create
our "last epiphany." Derek said "Oh Shit the condom broke!" but you know what!? They were at least
trying to be safe about it. And if you're gonna break a leg, you might as well be doing it off some sweet
cliff drop, or a big kicker in the park right? Well only if you are wearing a helmet (not a hamlet). And after
we graduate plan on being safe, but being safe in a new age way, being safe while taking risks in order
to fulfill all your little heart's desires! I just hope you all see the connection to the song the same or at least
kind of the same as I do.

This song just makes me think of happy things, and since my last posts were kind of angry. no wait they
were in fact angry. I feel like I need to let my inner lover out. I apply this song to all the English Majors
graduating with me. I hope you all feel the urge to dance, and to get a little freaky now that we are almost
official and ready to be officially unemployed, well at least the majority of us.

Just let go, but be safe while doing it!
We can dance if we want to.
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause' your friend don't dance,
and if they don't dance, well they're
no friends of mine.

Say, we can go where we want to.
A place where they will never find.
And we can act like we come from out of this world.
Leave the real one far behind.

We can dance.

We can go where we want to.
A place where they will never find.
And we can act like we come from out of this world.
Leave the real one far behind.

We can dance.

We can go when we want to.
Night is young and so am I.
And we can dress real neat
from our hands to our feet
and surprise you with a victory cry.

Say, we can act if we want to.
If we don't nobody will.
And you can act real rude,
and totally remove and I can act like an imbecile.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Everything's under control.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Doin it pole to pole.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Everybody look at your hands.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Everybody's takin' the chance.

Safety Dance.
Oh, Safety Dance.
Yes, Safety Dance.

We can dance if we want to.
We've got all your life, and mine.
As long as we abuse it,
Never gonna lose it.
Everything will work out right.

We can dance if we want to.
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause' your friend don't dance,
and if they don't dance, well they're
no friends of mine.

I say, we can dance.
We can dance.
Everything's under control.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Doin it pole to pole.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Everybody look at your hands.

We can dance.
We can dance.
Everybody's takin' the chance.

Dance.
Safety Dance.
Yes Safety Dance.
Safety Dance.
Let's Safety Dance.
Yes, Safety Dance.
Safety Dance.
Let's Safety Dance.

Safety Dance...
Safety Dance...
Safety Dance...
Safety Dance!


I enjoyed every day i got to spend in capstone, and i truly will miss the discussions. Thanks class for making it
a great 4 months of school.

~L.

1 comment: