Monday, April 26, 2010

YO TAI

Today Tai killed it.

Today everyone else killed it. I loved our "communion," delicious and refreshing. I think that it was a brilliant way to present East Coker, and the ending of capstone. I have enjoyed getting to know you all, even though I haven't really spent much time one on one with all of you. I have managed to get to know some of you...and I must say if the people that I have made friends with are so awesome I'm sure you all that I have not had the pleasure of spending time with are just as awesome.

Group 2--

My favorite part--beside Kari telling Doug to not worry (so good, Kari your composure is incomparable, you are the master, and I only hope that one day I too can keep myself contained like you do)--was when everyone was reading lines from the different literature pieces, haha and the Police Reports!!! Awesome, it really brought a sense of chaos and what I have been feeling all semester long. I felt right at home with the meshing of words. Oh and of course i already shouted out to Tai, but WAY TO GO!! It is inevitable that we will 'jam' together you and your fiddle me and my awesome flute...or i have a ukulele, and a guitar, shit we should just start a wacky band.

Ok But everyone was great, and Taylor I loved your answer to the question of your presentation being sacrilegious, I agree mockery is the best form of flattery, and we are Literature majors, we must see things from all different perspective to affective tell the story.

Group 1--

Pat, your character reminded me of so many, but my favorite is Jazz Man from The Simpsons...i don't know why but you had some kind of ora about you that screamed "classy jazz man."

Mick, how did you do it? Your rant seemed almost too real! I loved it and couldn't stop laughing.

Kevin--modern Hamlet was meant for you, and your bright eyes, good luck with your internship.

Victoria--I doubt you are such a bitchy girlfriend, but thank you for channelling that, you were great.

Zuzu, there is something about your voice that is so easy to listen to, perhaps you should look into reading to elderly people, i know this sounds so funny and weird, but they enjoy it so much, and you are really go at it.

And Adam--your Horacio was great, Kari was right you have the best impression of him, a modern twist on an ancient character.

Everyone did so well, presentation are usually so blah. In other classes, i wouldn't second guess missing a day of presentations, but this class there is no way that a presentation could be less than entertaining and full of meaningful connections.

I just hope that you all enjoy our presentations on Wednesday.

~L.

No comments:

Post a Comment