Sunday, May 2, 2010

ELIOT, SPIDERMAN, AND SHERMAN ALEXIE...

I'm sure no one's going to get to see this, but today I was watching Spiderman II and Doc. Oct's wife quoted Burnt Norton "Time past and time present, are both perhaps present in time future..." no joke I was not even paying attention to the movie until I heard the lines and I instantly started reciting it with the lady. awesome. oh and the other thing is I am reading Sherman Alexie's book The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist Fight in Heaven and towards the end of the short story A Drug Called Tradition the talk of time comes up, and past, present, future time as well as the eternal present..it is so close to Eliot's 4 q's that I got goose bumps. For once I am feeling the effects of my education. Thank you Dr. Sexson for opening my eyes and my mind to the world of beauty. I am more excited to make the amazing connections now than ever before!

ahh sadly this blog is over...just my luck.

~L.

2 comments:

  1. haha lisa I had the EXACT same experience (spiderman that is not sherman alexie) who knew that not studying for finals and watching a movie on Fx would actually seem educational!

    ReplyDelete